West Chester Complex Litigation Attorneys
Complex litigation refers to a type of lawsuit that presents unique challenges due to the underlying facts, quantity and nature of documents and discovery, and the investment by the law firm of monies to pursue the case. It requires knowledge of a broad range of legal theories for recovery, the ability to comprehend the interactions of multiple variables to handle complex litigation efficiently. Our West Chester complex litigation attorneys at Wusinich, Sweeney & Ryan, LLC have a reputation for providing high quality legal services for clients in a wide range of litigation matters.
What Are the Most Common Types of Complex Litigation?
There are several types of legal matters that frequently require complex litigation. Complex litigations are cases where significant effort is required to research the facts. Electronic discovery is often necessary. The experienced guidance of a complex litigation attorney is essential for any type of litigation matter.
Some common types of complex litigation cases include:
- Class actions
- Employment litigation
- Wage & hour lawsuits
- FMLA violations
- ADA violations
- Retaliation cases
- Race, sex, and age discrimination
- Whistleblower cases
- Commercial litigation
- Civil rights/Section 1983 lawsuits
- Suits against government entities
- Consumer fraud actions
- Insurance bad faith cases
- ERISA cases
- Wrongful death
- Nursing home negligence
Why Is Complex Litigation Challenging?
Litigation is the process in which one party files and pursue claims in court against another party or parties. Complex litigation is much more complicated and involves more complex fact patterns, significant legal or factual investigation, and often needs creativity.
Complex litigation can be challenging for the following reasons:
- Investigation is required to prove the case.
- Detailed testimony is needed to determine causation or liability.
- It involves procedural complexity.
- It requires more expert witnesses.
- It typically covers complex subject matter and laws.
- There is novelty to the case.
- There may be jurisdictional issues as to where is the best place to sue.
- There are complicated damage determinations.
- There is a lengthy discovery process.
What Can I Expect During My Case?
Complex litigation cases can become complicated very quickly, so it is important to know what to expect during every stage of the process. A skilled litigation attorney can assist you through the legal process and help ensure you achieve the most favorable outcome for your case.
The following is a list of what you can expect during your complex litigation case:
- Investigation: This involves an in-depth look into the facts of your case and a thorough review of all evidence throughout settlement negotiations or a trial.
- Pleadings: Pleadings refer to an outline of what will be confronted in your case. Both parties may prepare numerous pleadings in a complex litigation case; however, plaintiffs must file their complaints first.
- Discovery: This is the most complicated and time-consuming part of the process and involves the exchange of information and facts that are relevant to your case. Depositions, interrogatories, requests for admissions, requests for production, and subpoenas are all part of the discovery process.
- Pretrial proceedings: Pretrial proceedings consist of conferences and motions between the parties and the trial judge hearing the complex litigation case. The duration of the pretrial period depends on the nature and complexity of the case.
- Potential settlements or trial: It is usually preferable for parties to come to a mutual agreement and settle a legal matter without having to go to court. Should the case go to trial, the judge determines what information may be presented and heard in the courtroom.
- Appeal: Parties who are not satisfied with a court’s ruling can start the appeal process, where the case will be reviewed by an appellate court with the intention to change or reverse the lower court’s decision.
How Can a West Chester Complex Litigation Attorney Help Me?
Complex litigation requires a skilled and dedicated attorney who understands both the law and the science behind the case. Our attorneys have handled countless complex litigations cases with thousands of documents and hundreds of litigants. We have extensive experience litigating these kinds of cases in both federal and state courts.
Complex litigation often involves large companies or corporations with a team of attorneys working to protect their interests. These types of lawsuits can become very complex and require extensive resources and access to numerous expert witnesses. Our team has the resources, experience, and history of favorable results necessary hold large entities accountable. We take pride in representing the interests of everyday people in complex litigation cases.
Our lawyers are experienced and skilled at both settlement strategies and taking complex litigation cases to trial. If your case involves complex facts and legal issues, a skilled attorney can help you navigate the legal process and achieve the best possible outcome.
Wusinich, Sweeney & Ryan, LLC Provides Top Quality Representation in Litigation Matters
Our attorneys have a longstanding history of achieving favorable outcomes in even the most complex cases. Our legal team believes that the goal of the law is justice, which is what we focus on for our valued clients and their causes. Our clients often need guidance outside of the realm of other local attorneys, and we are proud to be able to take on their challenges to assist our clients however possible.
If you have a complex litigation matter, do not hesitate to schedule an initial consultation with a West Chester complex litigation attorney at Wusinich, Sweeney & Ryan, LLC. Call our team at 610-594-1600 or fill out our online form. Located in Exton, Pennsylvania, we proudly serve clients in Downingtown, West Chester, Exton, Coatesville, Phoenixville, Malvern, Lyndell, Wagontown, Uwchlan, Parkesburg, Chester Springs, Lancaster County, Reading, and Morgantown.