PA Personal Injury Litigation
Angry. Hurt. Frustrated. These are some of the feelings you might experience if you have been injured. However, you may have grounds for a lawsuit against a negligent party, and you may be entitled to a PA personal injury settlement. Personal injury lawsuits can be complex and having the right attorney can make all the difference.
The steps for filing a lawsuit in Pennsylvania are as follows:
- Meet with a personal injury attorney: Your attorney listens to the facts and details of your case and begins formulating a strategy
- Filing a complaint: Here, the parties you are suing are named and your case against them explained.
- The answer: The defendants file a written response explaining their defense to your claims.
- The discovery: During the deposition, both you and the defendants are questioned under oath. Your attorney represents you and takes the depositions of the defendants. Both sides exchange information and paperwork consisting of anything that might be used during the trial.
- The settlement or trial: At the end of the discovery process, your attorney discusses your case, and the option of a settlement without going to trial, with the attorneys of the defendants. If a settlement cannot be agreed upon, you will go to court and you will have to prove your case before a jury.
Settling Outside of Court
The majority of personal injury cases do not go to trial and are usually settled outside of court. However, the best move you can make if you are filing a lawsuit is to have an experienced lawyer who is prepared for the possibility of going to trial.
If you are injured, you should seek out attorneys skilled in PA personal injury litigation. An experienced lawyer at Wusinich, Sweeney & Ryan, LLC can guide you through the often confusing legal process. They will work to get you the settlement you need to cover the expenses of your injury and the damage done to your life.
Wusinich, Sweeney & Ryan, LLC Have the Knowledge and Experience You Deserve
Call Wusinich, Sweeney & Ryan, LLC at 610-594-1600 or contact us online today. With over 40 years of combined experience in litigation, you can rest assured that you will be given the highest level of legal help. Visit one of our location in Exton, Pennsylvania. We offer: a free initial consultation, a no-recovery-no fee agreement, and an advancing of all costs of litigation.
Wusinich, Sweeney & Ryan, LLC • 211 Welsh Pool Road, Suite 236